Thursday, March 4, 2010

Daily Devotion

The 'Why' Paradox
 
"The beginning of Wisdom is: get Wisdom (skillful and godly Wisdom)! [For skillful and godly Wisdom is the principal thing.] And with all you have gotten, get understanding (discernment, comprehension, and interpretation)." Proverbs 4:7
"Get skillful and godly Wisdom, get understanding (discernment, comprehension, and interpretation); do not forget and do not turn back from the words of my mouth." Proverbs 4:4
 
Last night at Bible Study, we were studying what it means to be blessed.  In the midst of that discussion, the question was asked, is it okay to ask God 'WHY'?  My immediate answer was yes.  I have come to believe that it is okay to ask God why things are happening to us.  I need to comprehend and learn the relevance of why I am going a particular thing.  Sometimes when I do not have the strength, I rely on God's divine wisdom to reveal to me why I am going through it and for Him to strengthen me to get through.  There have been many things in my life that have happened and at that point in time, I did not understand why.  Realistically, unless you have peace about something, how can you move past it?  I have been able to reconcile some of the things that have happened to me because I have finally received the revelation of why it happened. 
How can you prevent yourself from making the same mistakes if you don't understand why that particular thing is a mistake to begin with?  How are you to go forward from a situation without God's understanding of how you should proceed?  Proverbs 3:5-6 says that we are to TRUST God, we are to not depend on our own understanding, insight, and comprehension, and we are acknowledge--know and recognize--Him.  From there God directs, makes clear and plain the path in which we should go.  Don't try to understand things without first asking God why because you can yield yourself to a fleshly understanding of that situation and make the wrong decision.  Get that understanding that God promises and understand why.

No comments: