Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Daily Devotion #2

Change the Channel
 
"They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths." 2 Timothy 4:4
 
You've got to change the voice that you are listening to.  Change the voice that is talking in your head.  What kinds of things are you listening to?  What people are you listening to?  What are you feeding yourself?  Are you poisoning yourself with words that go against the word of God? 
 
When I go to sleep most nights, I play gospel music or the Bible as my lullaby.  When I heard someone say to me for a 50+ time the importance of guarding my eye-gate and ear-gates, I realized that a lot of the music I listened to promoted things that did not speak to me the way I needed.  I needed to hear praise and worship, I needed to hear the word constantly.  Now I am sensitive to complaining, self-pity parties (well almost immune to my own), and anything that does not speak life into a situation. 
 
Our minds are like computers.  If you a write a program to solve some problem, that is what is will do.  If you tell it to print xyz every minute, that is what it will do.  Likewise, with your mind, if you program it with negativity, complacency, complaining, and self-hatred programming, that is exactly what will be produced in your mind and eventually your life...everything involving you.  If you were raised to by a nagging, negative mother/father that only pointed out your faults, that is all that you will see.  Honestly, I think that all of our problems are a result of some negatively programming.  You have to be strong enough to recognize that within yourself.  Stand up and recognize these things.  You cannot expect to progress and produce anything positive if you are too weak to change it.  Only you can decide once and for all to put an end to it and allow God the freedom to change the channel for you.  Stop believing the lies before it starts coming out of you.
 
"Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen to me, everyone, and understand this.  Nothing outside a man can make him 'unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him 'unclean.'"  Mark 7:14-15

--
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of God and their righteousness is of me," says the Lord.  Isaiah 54:17

No comments: