Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Daily Devotion

When He Calls You to Act

"If you consent and obey, You will eat the best of the land;"  Isaiah 1:19

Good evening!!! Well really morning haha!  As the observance of the birth of our Lord and Savior nears, I feel myself being overcome with joy.  I have a lot to be thankful for and I'm just glad to be where I am, at this very moment.  I got a very special blessing tonight, and it served to remind me just how unworthy I am of God's favor.  God has really, truly been good to me.  Even in the midst of so much, God continues to favor me.  Shout of praise!!!

Anyway, I felt lead tonight to share with you the importance of obedience.  Of course, I have my own personal testimony to attribute to it.  Two nights ago, I was up reading the Bible and this book on how we should live according to the Bible "God's Psychology" (I have been greatly blessed by it, and I think everyone should read it.)  I had to call my mom--mind you it was 1:22 am.  So in doing so, I had one of the most beautiful experiences of God in my life.  I have no doubt of who God is and what ways He can manifest in your life.  More importantly, I can trust that God does speak to and through us.  Real testimony time: I went to Chicago Dec 3.  God instructed me that week that I needed to mail out my Christmas cards but especially one to a very dear friend of mine.  In that card, I was to put some money for her.  I was like God, can I do it next week?  No!  I had the card in my car for a few days after I got the money out because I couldn't find a post office mail box to drop it in.  I wanted to personally be sure I mailed it and not someone else.  So I believe I finally mailed it last Monday, which was December 13 (I waited until I had gotten paid to put the money in the card.)  The very next day, she posted a status about what was going on with her and it made my heart leap to know that God was using me to bless to be a blessing to her.  That same day, one of my devotions I read spoke of being blessed in order to be a blessing to someone else--God has a way of confirming things.  TODAY she finally got the card.  And today, God used her to humble me and realize how truly blessed I am.  I have never gone without something I really needed because of God.  That was truly my Christmas present and I am grateful to God and my friend for restoring perspective to my life.  My obedience will not only help her, but God always gives more to us than we do to Him!  My taking one step opens the door for God to take more on my behalf.

God always, always provides for His children.  All throughout the Bible, God directs us to be obedient to His instructions.  All we have to do is consent and obey.  We obey the law of the land in order to maintain our freedoms.  Why not obey the One True God that can provide ways of escape in the midst of danger, the God that can make money manifest out of the air seemingly, the God that protects you from daily harm each and every day??  If we simply obey Him, we will eat the best, we will have the best.  Simply read Deuteronomy 28 to know what God does for obedience.    Psalm 37:4 says "Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart."  Translated it means seek your happiness in the Lord--how do you do that?  Be obedient!!  Do what He asks of you, and He will give you the desires of your heart--not only your needs, but your desires, the things you ask of Him (which, if you are obedient to God and His word, become aligned with His word, thus fulfilling His will for your life).

Everything I asked of God during the time surrounding my transplant, He provided.  He made sure I did not have a single thing I was without.  He opened the windows of heaven to me and rained on me every single need I had.  But I had to take that first step of obedience.  And being that God is not a respecter of persons--which means He doesn't care who you are, where you are from, who your mom, dad, or grandparents are--that He can and will do the same for you if you are obedient!  Try God out and see if He won't do it for you!  Be blessed my loves and keep listening for God's direction!

"Say to the righteous that it will go well with them, For they will eat the fruit of their actions."  Isaiah 3:10

--
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of God and their righteousness is of me," says the Lord.  Isaiah 54:17
http://enterthemindofmarquita.blogspot.com

No comments: