Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Daily Devotion

Hanging on a Prayer
 
"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done."  Philippians 4:6 NLT
 
God has been calling to my mind and heart to do some things that require obedience, humility, and selflessness on my part, and all I can think of is that I love God more than these things, so I must be obedient to Him.  I have to let my love of God and my desire to do His will overpower my reluctance to act.  All I have had the energy and heart to do is pray.
 
God has shown me in the last few weeks that He hears my prayers and remembers them even when I don't.  He answered prayers I've had from months ago within recent weeks and all it served to do was blow my mind!  Have you ever had that experience of God answering a prayer so clearly?  It is a very eye-opening experience.  In light of that, God has been teaching me patience and above all else to trust Him.  The things that I'm dealing with right now require me to pray many times throughout the day to God asking how, why, and just trusting in His word.
 
At the beginning of the year when my baby brother got into a car accident in my old car (RIP Tina hahaha), I was in no position financially to get a new car.  In fact, Tina was soon to be paid off.  It hurt, to know that I, a problem fixer and solver, had no earthly power within me to solve my own issues.  I could not do anything.  I remember praying though, 'God teach me to trust you without a doubt.'  And don't you know God gets excited at these types of prayers, because they cause your faith and trust in Him to grow as the experiences will do exactly that. 
 
So I started this devotion 8 days ago, and never came back to it.  And how appropriate that I picked it back up today...God has been blowing my mind since I got on the plane yesterday.  Prayers I have been praying and thanking Him for the answers in faith for months now...He showed up for me in a major way within the last 24+ hours.  I went from various uncertainities in every area of my life to a place of unspeakable JOY as every thing I could ask for was revealed to me. 
 
All I can say is hang on to your prayers.  Thank God for the answers that He will reveal...yes, no, not right now.  And trust without a doubt that He will answer you and see that the Lord is good!!  Good night!
 
"In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight."  Proverbs 3:6 NASB

No comments: