Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Daily Devotion

God's Gift to Man
 
" The man said,
"This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called 'woman,k'
for she was taken out of man."
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. "  Genesis 2:23-24 NIV
 
Inspired a recent string of conversations with many of my girlfriends and my own series of failed romances, I decided to share this today.  As a disclaimer, we may differ in opinion about this, so I'm open to debate on this...this is just what God laid on my heart on this topic.  I had forgotten my exact words from earlier, but like all God-inspired thoughts, it came back to me as I was thinking about something else lol.  To all my male readers, pass this along, and feel free to comment.  I'll be posting this on my Tumblr and Facebook pages as a note as well.  I decided several months back that I would take a hiatus from the dating scene to allow God to prepare and position me for His ideal mate for me.  Every guy that I had met had either repulsed me or had too many flaws that I care to count.  But then I thought, what is the common denominator, ding ding ding!! ME!! 
 
I had also realized I had much unforgiveness in my heart towards some persons and went through the necessary process of healing following a brief romantic involvement for the first half of this year.  I realized that I was too afraid to love that person because of the hurts I had endured both romantically and at the hands of my family and friends.  I was so afraid that I had blocked myself into a fortress, allowing only a select few into my heart.  Since that time, I've learned a lot, grown a lot, and am still growing.  I analyzed my problems and came up with solutions, and even found my ideal career (go figure!).  Needless to say, that situation is still sensitive to my heart, but has empowered me to share lessons with others that are going through the same or similar situations.
 
So ladies, yep, this one is for you.  In Genesis, when our Great Heavenly Father saw to create man (man being the human being Adam, a man, not mankind), He said this: "The Lord God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."" (Genesis 2:18NIV)  Adam then went on to name all the animals and yet God still saw that there was no suitable helper for Adam.  Genesis 2:20-22 details that process:  But for Adamh no suitable helper was found. So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man's ribsi and closed up the place with flesh. Then the Lord God made a woman from the ribj he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.  No where in this account does it say, God told the woman to find a man, or God told the woman that she could prepare herself or the man.  None of that is listed in this passage, or anywhere in the Bible for that matter...so please internalize that.
 
I think the most critical part of this message is that God brought the woman to Adam...as a gift.  You see, everything God had given to Adam at that point was a gift.  And what more suitable a gift than the person created perfectly for him, made especially to his needs, than someone that was to become a perfect part of him???  This is why I firmly believe that there is just one person out there for me...the problem with the world is that too many marry for the wrong reasons and try to force the wrong person into the right mold.  You do have the freedom to choose...and you can choose the wrong person again and again until you give God the reigns and the space to work on you and mold you into His vision of perfection so that when He makes that presentation, you will not be rejected.  I'm just saying that you cannot force that person that is everything you want on the outside to be who God wants for you.  All you are doing is guaranteeing yourself misery.  And you cannot get mad at the world when that person shows you who they are because you chose to ignore it or overlook it.  Be mad at yourself for getting caught up in the hype!
 
I'm learning to be content in my singleness--because God created us as individuals.  We do not need another person to complete us--God made Eve into a complete person; on the contrary, we are made to be helpers, and to become one with our husbands.  So how can I thus be presented if I have not allowed God to finish preparing me?  Ladies we get caught up in the excitement of being in love, of being in a relationship--and I am not trying to hurt anyone or preach at you, because these are things I have done myself.  But we have to get caught up in God, let Him strain all the bad behaviors and past wrongs out of us so that when we are ready, we can enter into that perfect partnership.
 
So look at what God did, He made the woman--let God remake you and mold you into His perfected work.  Let His love and beauty radiate from you.  Now lets be clear, while you are on this path, there will perhaps be many to come along to distract you.  But if you are focused on God, only the right one will catch your eye--and that is when you are ready.
 
He who finds a wife finds a good thing And obtains favor from the LORD.  Proverbs 18:22 NASB
He that finds a wife finds a good thing, and receives the will of Lord Jehovah, and he that puts away a good wife puts away good from his house.  Proverbs 18:22(Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

--
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of God and their righteousness is of me," says the Lord.  Isaiah 54:17
http://lifeinspiredbygod.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What can I say number??? I got together with my high schook crush this weekend who came to see me in california. I looked at him with reminiscing on old times, trying to remember a passion that had long since died. But where the passion died there was a strong friendship, a comfort in knowing that he knew me, knew the worst of me, and yet still could be in my company. A that moment I thought, "damn I really want to get married". Its not because Im lonely, its not because I need someone to be dependent on, its not because I want to get laid. Its because I want to be needed by someone, where my presence is missed and significant and vice versa. I've been to several weddings this year and though each celebration had their significant differences the expectancy of a life together with someone was truly someone to envy. I too have been hurt, and above all disappointment kills me more than anything because I had expectations ..I even tried relationships without having expectations and they were sadly lacking in longevity..so now...honestly (especially since Ive been preaching about my obsession with Asian men) I can say that I can only trust that God will help him find me...that when he is ready to see what God has him that he will see me and I will know him and that we will be favored together...I guess i will have to pray on it until then