Thursday, January 19, 2012

Inspirational Thoughts for Today

Use What He Gave You
 
With every bone in my body I will praise him: "LORD, who can compare with you? Who else rescues the helpless from the strong? Who else protects the helpless and poor from those who rob them?"  Psalm 35:10 NLT
 
I am not the best singer, but I can sing and thoroughly enjoy doing it.  I am not the best dancer, but I love to dance.  I am not the greatest writer, but it brings my heart great joy to write devotions, even though I do not write them as often as I should.  I am not an orator, but I will tell practically anyone about the goodness of God and the miracles I have experienced in my life.  I have realized that with every gift and talent God has blessed me with that I can use that talent to bring Him glory and honor.  I can sing on the choir and strengthen my voice, I can dance for the Lord, and I can write my blog postings, and I can share my testimony with anyone in need of encouragement.
 
Often times we let tradition and religion overshadow the gifts we have, and that they are to be used for God, returning to Him the honor in the gift of giving them to us.  You do not have to be Aretha Franklin if you have a song in your heart for God.  You don't have to be Michael Jackson or James Brown to dance for God.  You don't have be a best-selling author to write a few words of encouragement to a friend or family member.  You don't have to a political candidate (although very seldom do you see any of them using their voice for God...just my thoughts, lol) to speak on behalf of God to others.  You can use whatever gifts and talents you have for the good of the Lord. 
I think of the J. Moss song 'We Must Praise' when I think about this.  God does not call us to be perfect...nor should we feel constrained by some unfounded principle.  Use whatever it is He gave you, and bring Him glory with it!  You never know whose life you are supposed to touch.  Just act in faith, step out on the promises of the Word and trust that God will equip you with whatever tools you may need to be successful at what it is He is leading you to do.
 
Psalm 149
Praise the Lord. Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise in the assembly of the saints. Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; let the people of Zion be glad in their King. Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with tambourine and harp. For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation. Let the saints rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds. May the praise of God be in their mouths and a double-edged sword in their hands, to inflict vengeance on the nations and punishment on the peoples, to bind their kings with fetters, their nobles with shackles of iron, to carry out the sentence written against them. This is the glory of all his saints. Praise the Lord.

No comments: