Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Wait For Me

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31

Wait.  As I looked at this scripture I saw wait instead written as trust in the Lord or hope in the Lord. My thoughts are heavy with this.  Why do we not like waiting?  What is it about waiting that seems unbearable?

As I go forward to answer my own question, its the uncertainty of the length of time in that waiting process.  Its the lack of definition of waiting.  Its not knowing what will happen or transpire in that process of waiting.  The key word here is that waiting is a process within itself.  Waiting forces you to not instantly gratify yourself with a cheap imitation instead of waiting and staying in faith.  For example, its like waiting to see your progress when you begin working out.  Waiting seems to give us no benefit, at least not immediate, and because of this, we rather not do it!  We live our lives like microwaves, zapping things into the now instead of appreciating the virtues that manifest as a result of waiting, like patience.  I'm really talking about myself, I want what I want right when I want it! Haha 

I had a problem with waiting that I have given to God to fix.  I told God I wasn't going to wait anymore in a particular situation.  I was not going to wait on what He told me, the promise He had given me because I was tired of waiting.  I was tired and I wanted to take my life into my own hands.  Then I heard almost immediately God say, "Will you wait for Me?"  Even as I type this, I tear up because I now think about this scripture.  In waiting on God, trusting in Him, and hoping in Him, my strength is renewed.  I can keep running the race.  I can keep walking forward along this journey.  Even when friends don't agree or understand or they simply cannot relate, I can wait on Him because regardless of what happens or how or when, God is still God and He has everything concerning me and you already taken care of.  Even if I end up completely alone in this process, I can wait on Him.

You have too much to lose to not wait on God.  We have so much tied up in our purpose, taking a detour or getting ahead of God can cause a lot of heartache.  Don't abort your purpose by choosing self instead of choosing Him.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.  Galatians 6:9 KJV

No comments: