Thursday, March 20, 2014

It is Finished.

When Jesus had tasted it, he said, “It is finished!” Then he bowed his head and released his spirit. (John 19:30 NLT)

Now you should finish what you started. Let the eagerness you showed in the beginning be matched now by your giving. Give in proportion to what you have. (2 Corinthians 8:11 NLT)

So I got peace about sharing some of my testimony from the last three months.  So many lessons I've learned...so much clarity I've gained and all I can say outside of being sleepy right now is that I'm so grateful.  

This morning as I went to sleep, body worn out and weary...I had peace because I had completed my 30 page brief.  This time last week I had just given myself a pep talk after having a 'Come to Jesus' moment as I like to call it.  I really have to say thank God for this first three months of this year.  I knew ahead of time that things were going to get crazy...but all I could do is say thank you God and endure.

For a long time I thought life was unpredictable and that the things we faced were left up to chance.  Then I grew up and starting seeking God as the pull in my heart for Him got stronger.  Fast forward to now, and I can honestly tell you about 90% of the things I experienced so far this year, I anticipated.

And this morning, as I typed my last word in my revised and edited brief, down from the 36 pages I had initially wrote to the 30 page limit required by my school--the first words I thought and felt with everything within me were, "thank you God for getting me through this."

I have another journey of uncertainty lying ahead for me.  I can't say its a journey so much as an assignment.  I don't know all the details, but I know God will show them to me just like He did for me coming here to New Orleans.  I'm sad to know I'll be leaving the people I have grown to love (and hate--these New Orleans streets are bad on your cars man!) in less than two months.  But I'm even happier to know that purpose awaits me.

I shared these scriptures because they hit my heart today as I thought of all the things I overcame in these last three months, let alone the nearly 2 years I have lived here.  Only God could heal me and heal my heart.  Only God could show me why I've made mistake after mistake...and still love me.  Only God could get me through medical challenges amid law school pressures and working full-time doing development work.  Only God.  Why?  He loves me.  What for?  He has a plan and purpose for me...and I can proudly say its finished (at least this part--I see the end!).  

So many tears I've shed overcoming myself and my past.  So many nights I've cried out...fought back tears in public places, all from awareness of God's revelation and Him showing me myself in the least expected ways.

So imagine my joy today at the submission of that brief...it was much like a baby I bore.  I labored late into the night literally several nights to fix errors, reorganize, and get it right.  That has been my actual life process too...up late into the night praying to God for the why, the how, the when, receiving His revelation and direction and making changes to move forward.  In the process I've been more myself than I have ever been, and I have gained contentment in this place.  

I don't know...but I just want you all to remain encouraged in these coming days.  Once you get to that place in God you can rest and know that things will come but He has it all worked out for you.  Do your part as instructed but rest in Him for the next step...embrace the journey, whatever leg of it you are on.  Give God your concerns, your worries, your fears, and your talents...finish the race.

God will carry you through it.  I love you guys...and maybe this makes no sense or has no flow...but I just felt the need to share it. Good night!

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful. And now the prize awaits me—the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on the day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his appearing. (2 Timothy 4:7, 8 NLT)

No comments: