Friday, April 11, 2014

Full Circle

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.  Philippians 1:6

Good morning beautiful people!  I hope you are having an amazing day so far.  I'm home, sitting on my bed, being a bum, lol, before I go take care of some business.  I read a devotion in this book "Draw the Circle;" I read "The Circle Maker," a book on prayer and also got the 40-day prayer challenge that goes along with it.  The devotion spoke of the importance of journaling. I am an avid journaler, lol, and I have been writing in journals probably since I could write.  Afterwards, I grabbed my new journal to write (new journal, new journey), but God pressed on my heart to grab my journal from the last two years and to look through it. 

Looking back in this way allowed me to see how God has grown me.  And one entry in particular has truly moved my heart.  I'll share some of it with you.

On February 6, 2012, I wrote this:
"I wish I could leave and go into a place where I could recover from this, but I know that is unrealistic."

At the time, I was still recovering from my daddy's death, dealing with some betrayal, dealing with a broken heart and simply attempting to heal from all my past relationships.  I was still in Charleston.

Funny that I looked back today, because God did just that in moving me here.  He answered a prayer that seemed unrealistic to me by moving me to New Orleans and allowing me to begin law school.  He provided finances to help with the cost of school.  He put me in a cocoon, so to speak, because I have not had a serious relationship and have spent time building and nurturing my relationship with Him.  He healed my heart, empowered me to forgive, and showed me the things that mattered most.  He has made me comfortable in my own skin, no longer bound by the words of others or their opinions.  He taught me to trust Him and that I can rest in Him.  Granted, I still have more work to do, but God truly answered my prayer.  And before I looked in my journal, I didn't remember even asking God for that.  

He has truly brought me full circle--from this year being so busy that I could not get sad on my daddy's death anniversary but was instead joyful and cried tears of joy!  He has moved me from a place of complete dependence on my job as a means of survival to being willing to quit and resting in Him for provision.  I have not worked a full 80 hours since last year.  He has been just moving and blessing me in such major ways that I can't explain...It is all God.  All Him.

I invite you to reflect on your life.  Reflect on how God has grown you, moved you from one place to another (both literally and spiritually), and just give Him a shout of praise for the progression.  If you have not yet experienced this in some area of your life, you will come full circle because God wants us to be better men and women!  He wants to grow us and develop us.  He wants to mature us and make us better for His use.  He wants to stretch us and manifest His glory in our lives.  If you haven't kicked the bucket and are reading this, you obviously still have plenty of time!

He will also keep you firm to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.  1 Corinthians 1:8

No comments: