Friday, February 19, 2010

Daily Devotion #3

Stop Just Merely Living, We are Redeemed
 
"For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God's wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ."  Romans 5:17
 
We all have those days, shoot even weeks, months, and years for some, that we are simply just going through the motions.  We are not seeking any advancement.  We are simply complacent with everything: where we are, what we are doing, how we are living.  But I now hold a firm belief that in every way, every aspect, and every point I should seek to improve myself.  Because quite frankly I do not think I am the "Best Marquita" I can be until I am taken home to God.  I seek to live everyday in constant improvement, not because I think lowly of myself or that I am dissatisfied, but because I am constantly striving.  Striving to be more and more like God, looking for ways I can live my life to my full potential.  Jesus tells us in John 10:10 that "The thief comes not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."  I take that to mean that through Christ's sacrifice we live--and I think this refers to our eternal home--but while we live on Earth we live because of Him.  And the latter part--that they might have it more abundantly--I believe refers to us having a more abundant life in every sense of the word.  But that doesn't mean that we do nothing.  We must live life to the fullest and seek God to continually improve us.  Because we are to become more like Christ (Eph. 4:15) and I don't know about you, but because I was born into this world, that is going to take work.  I have faults, shortcomings, and even views that do not align with the ways of Christ but the only way to change those things is to take a earnest effort and go for it.  You cannot go through life complaining and grumbling when you have done nothing to change or improve your situation for the better.  You cannot thank anyone for your current lot in life but you-know-who--YOU. Don't blame others for your life, but remember as is stated above that Christ has caused us to triumph over sin and death!

No comments: