Sunday, July 17, 2011

Daily Devotion

Reflecting Season

"For everything there is a season, a time for every activity under heaven."  Ecclesiastes 3:1 NLT
 
Everyone of you that know me, know that I am not one to just simply sit still.  I always have to be doing something, on to the next task or assignment, never sitting to reflect.  But lately, I have been taking a little more time out to look back over my life this far.  And yeah I am only 26 haha, but like everyone, I've lived long enough to experience things.  A lot of times I am not happy at the things that have happened, but what can I really do about it at this point.
 
Reflection is a good thing to do.  It allows you to take the time to look back at the things that have happened in your life and actually identify things you can change.  Yes life is a roller-coaster!  You can expect for you to experience periods of turmoil and difficulty and for there to be times of peace.  It is during those 'peaceful' times that you must look back and take notes on how to deal with what may come.  God prepares us for the things we experience in life, and in wisdom we should always reflect on where our life's journey takes us.  I admit, I have not always looked back on things in an attitude of reflection.  On the contrary, it was always in pain that looked back--I looked back at the things I have experienced that caused me pain.  Instead we should look back at life in triumph, with a victorious attitude, because God has allowed us to get past whatever circumstances we have faced, and He has allowed to keep living.  We all make mistakes, we all fall short, but when we have another day to look back and another day to get up and move forward, we have truly won.

 
'Thank God that he gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.'   1 Corinthians 15:57 GWT
--
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of God and their righteousness is of me," says the Lord.  Isaiah 54:17
http://lifeinspiredbygod.blogspot.com/

No comments: