Monday, July 18, 2011

Daily Devotion

He's Getting You in Line

"As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today."  Genesis 50:20 ESV

I was watching a movie today--Love Chronicles: Secrets Revealed.  It was a pretty good movie.  But something one of the characters said stuck with me.  She was a caller into the radio station, and was sharing her testimony.  She had dated many wrong guys, and finally decided to stop everything she was doing to get right.  She had realized that all of her 'Mr. Wrongs' were helping to get her in line, get in line for the right one.  Well all I could think about today was getting in line.  God has allowed a whole lot to transpire in my life for me to get right and get in line with Him.  What things has God allowed to happen in your life, and are you even recognizing them?

I'm sure my friend meant no harm, but she commented how young I looked two years ago.  Two years ago, I was in a totally different place.  I was on a high, somewhat, because I had a new lease on life with my newly transplanted kidney.  I still had some of my innocence.  But in the course of two years, well truthfully less than a full year later, I had lost that light in my eyes, and the blinders of what life really was had fallen off.  I was still hurting and wounded deeply, but I recognize now that had those things not taken place in my life, I would not be in line.  God allowed that hurt and pain to root some things out of me so that I could cut out things that were keeping me from my destiny.  Even now, every hurt I have experienced helped to get me in position to hear God, to pay attention and take heed to the things He plans to work in me. 

God can and will allow whatever He needs to get you in position for His will.  You must recognize that by looking back and observing those things.

"Therefore, prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ." 1 Peter 1:13 NASB

--
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of God and their righteousness is of me," says the Lord.  Isaiah 54:17
http://lifeinspiredbygod.blogspot.com/

No comments: