Wednesday, August 12, 2015

You're Worth It

And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.  Luke 12:7

So Sunday at church I had the sweetest experience.  It was Youth and Teens Day, where the youth and teens are responsible for leading the service and the worship experience.  And I don't know what it was, but I was truly overcome by the Spirit.  I truly believe it was because these children were worshipping the Lord from a pure heart, not seeking anything but just wanting to praise God.  They sang several songs I was familiar with so I was able to jump right into the experience.  

Then they sang this song, Worth, by Anthony Brown and Group Therapy that hit every part of my heart.  Here are the lyrics:

You thought I was worth saving
So you came and changed my life

You thought I was worth keeping
so you cleaned me up inside

You thought I was to die for
so you sacrificed your life

So I could be free
So I could be whole
So I could tell everyone I know

repeat chorus (3 times)

Hallelujah
Glory to God who changed my life
Forever

Because I am free
Because I am whole
And I will tell everyone I know

Repeat

You thought I was worth saving
So you came and changed my life

You thought I worth keeping
So you cleaned me up inside
You thought I was to die for
You sacrificed your life
So I can be free
End

This song expressed every feeling I've had lately about how much God loves me.  He loved me enough to lead me to let go of people, disconnecting from some altogether and others to be repositioned into their proper circles and spheres.  He loved me enough to teach me my worth, in His eyes.  He loved me enough to heal me...to restore my kidney function (claiming it, already made progress), to heal me from childhood wounds, to empower me to be bold, and to allow me to live in the light.  He restored me and brought me back to life.  So as they sung, these were little kids and teenagers singing this song, God reminded me to have the heart of a child in my approach to Him and His throne.  He reminded me that I needed to be open and willing to receive with a pure heart and with innocence.  Before now I couldn't do that.  I needed to remember that God loves me unconditionally without pretenses, like a child does his mother and a mother does her child.  I needed to know that God favors me with an everlasting love and wants to see me become all that He has planned for me to be.  I needed to move beyond limitations and into freedom...being free enough to come to Him as a child!  Little kids don't care about what people think, they just laugh, dance, shout, play and be free in that innocence.  

Maybe you need to know you're worth it too.  You are worth saving, loving, healing, redeeming, restoring, and renewing.  You are worth separating from that unhealthy situation, you are worth changing how you see yourself, you are worth being renewed.  You are worth it.  I encourage you to listen to the song, but I wish you could have heard the children sing it.  God loves you with all of Himself. He created you for Himself, and gave His only son for you to live!  So live today!  YOU ARE WORTH IT!

If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!  Matthew 7:11

No comments: