Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Go and Make Amends

"And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and let it drop (leave it, let it go), in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings."
‭‭Mark‬ ‭11:25-26‬ ‭AMP‬‬

Often in the forgiveness cycle, we hope and wish that those who have wronged us will come to us and ask our forgiveness so that we can forgive them. But as I've learned and perhaps you've heard, forgiveness isn't for them, it's for you to move on. 

However, if you're intuitive and seek God to reveal ways and areas you need to improve, He will burden your heart before you go to bed, sometimes days on end lol, to let things go and right your wrongs. What's even funnier is that I've been asking God to reveal to me situations that I need to release and let go that are holding me back as part of my letting go and releasing meditation series this month.

I know of several situations where I've felt wronged, but two in particular come to mind tonight. In both of the situations, I feel my views were validated and that I was entitled to how I handled the situations. These are clear situations where I need to let go of the wrongs I perceived.  Because contrary to popular belief, perception IS NOT reality. What you perceive to be true is often the farthest thing from the truth. And now I understand why God pressed my heart so heavily about communication earlier today. Communication kills all the speculation. When you go directly to the source and talk about your issues instead of allowing your insecurities and pride to lead you astray, you can fix the issue. Nip it in the butt. Kill it. And on the other hand, the origins of the wrong, whether rooted in someone else's insecurities or pride, is not for you to fix, but for you to turn over to God as part of your forgiveness and release of the situation. 

You have to ask yourself, is holding on to your self-preserving, prideful view of the situation where you have been wronged worth allowing the devil to win and permanently poison the potential of the relationship?

I don't know about you, but the first part of these scriptures, Mark 11:22-24, carry a heavy mantle that I claim as my own. The only condition of receiving this mantle is to forgive. So today, forgive and let it go!


--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

No comments: