Friday, July 30, 2010

Daily Devotion

What about Your Friends?
"Stop becoming unevenly yoked with unbelievers. What partnership can righteousness have with lawlessness? What fellowship can light have with darkness?"  2 Corinthians 6:14
 
Hey yall!!  I'm great!! I'm tired, but great!  I hope that everything has been going well in your life and simply that you are just enjoying the walk.  Okay so here's the scoop.  Lately I have been evaluating my friendships and associations.  One of my best friends has been doing the same thing.  And in this process we have been allowing ourselves to be open to the changes God brings.  I was checking my facebook as I have not really sat down and looked on it in a while.  One of my friends posted a video from Pastor Justin out in LA about being unequally yoked.  His was directed at romantic relationships, but I felt it on my heart that it also applies to all relationships and associations we have.
 
  My title makes me think about that TLC song (I LOVEDDD THEM growing up lol).  But really, what about your friends? What kind of people do you surround yourself with? Are they people that are hindering your growth and keeping you away from God's light? Are they extinguishing the embers that fill your soul or do that add fuel to it?  Are they building you up? Are they encouraging you when you are weak? Are they filling you on the word of God? Are they pulling you out of the pity pit when you take a weekend (or week) trip there or are they the ones that took you there?  Are they telling you its okay to party all night and not to go to church on Sunday or are they calling you to go with them?  Are they joining you in a roasting your ex session or are they helping you see the blessings God has given you, the deliverance, the prosperity?  What about them??? Are they adding to your life or taking away??
 
The video I watched pointed out 10 things about being in a relationship were the two were unequally yoked.  But some of us are being pulled down by the "friends" we have, people that want us to stay where we were 10 years ago.  We've got to stop people!! I don't know about you, but to me its truly a divine privilege to be set apart by God and to live wholeheartedly for Him!  Even if I don't keep a friend, guy or girl, because they don't agree with where God is leading me, I'm all the better for it because He has truly helped me to see what is more important...and that's to be friends with Him.  I'd rather have Jesus as my friend any day that someone who is not adding to my life.  Good night!! 
 
"You are my friends if you do what I command."  John 15:14
 
Here's the link to the video that I saw earlier:
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5ePPBWJy8E
--
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of God and their righteousness is of me," says the Lord.  Isaiah 54:17

No comments: