Friday, July 30, 2010

Daily Devotion

We are not Orphans
 
"We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed."  2 Corinthians 4:9
 
I do not think it ever truly dawned on me what the latter part of this scripture meant: "There shall not any man be able to stand before you all the days of your life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with you: I will not fail you, nor forsake you." Joshua 1:5  God is omnipotent and omnipresent.  God says I will never fail you or abandon you.  But have you ever asked yourself why would the person that loves us the most ever leave us?  Why would the person that sacrificed of Himself for our salvation ever desert us, especially in times of trouble?  Why would God ever flee from us?
 
What made me realize it was when my dad died.  I isolated myself from everyone, friends, family, and everyone so I could avoid dealing with the pain.  But the truth was that the pain was there no matter what I did.  It would not go away.  I didn't realize in my decision to cut myself off from the world, that I turned my face away from God, the only person that can heal me and take the hurt away.  So instead, I was hunted down by the devil and his demons, to be tortured and taunted until I remembered who I am.  I am not a parentless child.  Yes I still have my mom, but it was something in the loss of my father that made me feel alone in the world.  But God never left me.  He never leaves us!  On the contrary, it is us that turn away from Him with our sins and in our immaturity of faith.  It is us that walk away from Him.
 
"When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, Because the LORD is the One who holds his hand."  Psalm 37:24  God held my hand and He will hold yours.  You are not alone, you are not an orphan.  You have a father or a mother or a friend in God--He is whatever you need Him to be!
 
"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."  Romans 8:38-39

--
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of God and their righteousness is of me," says the Lord.  Isaiah 54:17

No comments: