Monday, September 20, 2010

Daily Devotion

Revive Your Faith

This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life."  Romans 1:17

I apologize for the hiatus...as life goes on, many are the road blocks.  In my case, much of my own problems were caused because of my own "busyness".  I hope you all enjoy!  Be blessed and I plan to bring you more soon!

Marquita

Revive means to restore life, to bring back from the dead.  Because God through Jesus Christ is life to us, a "revival" is the restoration, the return, the bringing back to Christ.  How is a person revived?  By a confession of faith in Jesus Christ's sovereignty.  Without faith, we cut ourselves off life support--we pull the plug on how God could have changed the situation.  Without faith, you cannot know God, you cannot please God, and you cannot walk with God.

"Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ." Romans 10:17

We must learn to trust in God's promises.  You see, this was what I have been suffering from.  My faith had been choked like the seeds among thorns (Luke 8:14) by every little obstacle I encountered.  I somewhat cut myself off from God by not daily reading the Word.  I would be drained by giving advice, wisdom and divine insight to everyone else, and I would not use the resource I needed to refuel.  I would still spend time praising and worshipping God--communicating in a one-sided way to Him--which is not communicating!  So all the while my faith is withering away, because I am not using all of my lifelines to God.  Yep, I was in desperate need of revival.  God laid it on my heart that much like I cultivate friendships with others by spending time with them and talking to them, I needed to spend time with Him and talk to Him--but more importantly allow Him to talk back to me.

We need to revive our praise, our worship, and our communication to God.  All of these things are essential to developing our faith.  But the most important thing I learned is that we cannot do only one or two of them and not the other.  We must give them all to Him: all of the praise, all of our worship.  We must communicate with Him else the lines of communication get warped and we turn away from Him.  Go back to God because He wants it all.  Let the love of God within you revive your faith in His works and restore you to life.

"But taking her by the hand he called, saying, "Child, arise." And her spirit returned, and she got up at once. And he directed that something should be given her to eat."  Luke 8:54-55

--
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of God and their righteousness is of me," says the Lord.  Isaiah 54:17

No comments: