Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Daily Devotion #2

Don't 'Do You'
 
"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!"  Isaiah 26:3 NLT
 
 My whole life seems to go off kilter when I'm out of sync with God.  When I don't spend time praying or reading or even singing, I feel terribly off balance.  I can even tell on days when I have not prayed yet that I seem to be extremely snippy at people or just inclined to be mean (I know, I'm not mean :D).
 
For example, today started off GREAT!!! But lets go back to my Saturday...ugh.  I was Misses Grinch.  I don't recall what time I initially woke up, but I only got up to eat and went right back to bed.  I did not even say "Thank You Lord" for waking me up, didn't pray didn't do anything.  And of course I was in a particularly rotten mood all day.  Every time I would wake up, I would simply think about all the things bothering me and I would focus on those things.  I don't know when it was...but I finally had enough of moping around.  Somehow I mustered enough energy to get out of the bed and eat a little.  But I think and I know that I did not give God His due reverence because I dwelt on everything but His word.  I know I have had crappy days that I did not even pray that morning but I caught myself and prayed that the day restart with God in mind. 
 
When we place the due focus on God, we realign our plans and wills to His plan and will for us.  We take ourselves out of the driver's seat and get over out of God's way.  The greatest blessing though is having God's peace reign over our decisions and actions.  Having our steps ordered by Him is the best feeling ever.  When I went to get my new car this year, I had been praying and putting the issue before God.  He allowed every single thing to fall into place pertaining the car.  I did not feel pressured or a single amount of stress in making the purchase.  He blew my mind every step of the way.  And only God can do that when we focus on His will.  Stop doing you and do God!
 
"Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:7 NLT

No comments: