Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Daily Devotion

T.R.U.S.T. God--Transferring Rights Upward and Submitting Troubles to God

"A psalm of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?"  Psalm 27:1
 
Many people know that I have a lot of tattoos, lol.  But one of the most meaningful ones is on the top of my back and has the KJV translation of this scripture written in a scroll on a cross.  When I picked this scripture, I thought long and hard about it.  Sometimes I have to remind myself what it means.  When I go to bed at night, I turn off the lights.  If I need to get up during the night, I walk the path I've learned, or if I don't trust it, I turn on the light for guidance, to illuminate that path for me.  It often saves me from stubbing my toe or bumping into something.  Life with God in control is much like this, we travel the path that He has laid before us.  If it is familiar, we rely on the internal instincts He has given us.  When it is strange and new, we are to turn to Him for guidance, leading and direction.  If we don't turn to Him or follow that path, we often venture off that road and end up in sometimes self-imposed difficulties.
 
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding."  Proverbs 3:5
 
When I got that tattoo, I had just endured and survived the lowest point in my life.  I had never been sick a single day of my life, then in two weeks my life was completely changed.  From never having to take anything other than occasional cough syrup to taking more than 10 pills a day, from coming and going freely to being stifled by the steroid-induced weight gain, from being chipper to depressed...my life was completely different.  Looking back now, that was the one prayer that I think God said no to.  But that point alone took me from self-sufficiency to trusting in Him.  Little by little as things went from bad to worse and to better, I had to learn to transfer what I thought was my right to control my life to Him.  I had to learn to submit this problem and the ones that ensued before His feet and believe that He would do with me as He did Joseph in Genesis 50:20.  I had to live that tattoo.  I had to remember that even though my road seemed to be in the midst of a hurricane, that God was lighting the way ahead.  Even now as I prepare for more tests and examinations this coming Monday, I trust God.  He has delivered me from far less and far more, so why not stand strong in Him?
 
I encourage you today to TRUST God.  Transfer your rights upward to whatever situation is binding you from walking completely in His grace.  Submit every trouble to Him and patiently await His reply.  I believe that you can try God on His word.  Why would He say something that He doesn't mean?  Besides, you will get worn out from carrying around whatever it is...we were not made to carry these burdens.
 
 
"You who fear the LORD, trust in the LORD; He is their help and their shield."  Psalm 115:11

--
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of God and their righteousness is of me," says the Lord.  Isaiah 54:17
http://lifeinspiredbygod.blogspot.com

No comments: