Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Today's Devotion #2

Testifying on God's Behalf
 
So, when they had solemnly testified and spoken the word of the Lord, they started back to Jerusalem, and were preaching the gospel to many villages of the Samaritans.  Acts 8:25
 
I think its public knowledge that I had a kidney transplant.  But what many people don't know, and what I only found out at my 3 year appointment this year is how it was done.
 
God is amazing, and when He calls you for His own personal use, He will make it crystal clear that you know and cannot doubt it.  So I'm not sure if you know, but I had a transplant January 7, 2009.  Prior to that, I was diagnosed with kidney disease in February of 2006 after God saved me then.  I was scheduled for a routine kidney biopsy that would only require me to stay in the hospital overnight.  Nothing about that morning was normal; see I had never been sick.  But by God, my doctor ordered additional labs only to discover my dangerously low platelet count.  Had he done my biopsy, I would have bled to death.  But God saved me for a reason.
 
Fast forward to right before my transplant.  I didn't have to experience the debilitation of dialysis, which is miraculous in itself.  I was worked up and ready for transplantation within 4 weeks of my education class, which was another miracle.  I did not have to wait years for a kidney like most people do; I had friends and family volunteering to save my life.  All of this overwhelmed me at how fast things happened.  But I decided to pray Gideon's prayer (casting out a fleece, Judges 6:17) that if it was His will for my life, that I have peace and provision to cover me with my surgery. You see, I had only been working for about 2 months, did not have enough leave nor did I have money saved for the expenses that would arise.  I went into my surgery that morning with this indescribable feeling of ease and comfort, as well as 8+ weeks worth of leave to cover my time out for recovery.
 
Fast forward again, (smile) to now.  I have had 3 wonderful years of life and only now did I find out my brother was not a match for me.  Yep, he wasn't!  He got one set of DNA from our parents and I got the other.  Other than being a blood relative and us having the same blood type, it was wrong!  But God saved me!!!  He took my brother's kidney and had it functioning within 30 minutes of being removed and placed in me.  Most kidney transplant recipients go back on dialysis until the transplanted kidney begins to work...didn't have to do that either.  God took an imperfect situation and decided to save my life with something that should not have worked!!  I have had no rejection bouts, no major illnesses, and no other diagnoses related to the surgery.  I've prospered in every area of my life and I still live!  So I have to do my part and testify on His behalf.  I must share with people the awesomeness that is God, Yahweh, Jehovah Jireh, Jehovah Rophe, and the list of His names goes on and on.
 
God calls us all to share our testimony.  Yes we have different callings in life, but we are all to share the word of God with someone in need.  You never know what car accident or penny falling from the sky He saved and preserved your life from.  Be willing like the Apostles, to step out in faith and be used by God for something greater than yourself.  When you operate in the boldness and fearlessness that comes with trusting in God, you never know what can happen!  Share your story and bless somebody else!  Love you!
 
If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater; for the testimony of God is this, that He has testified concerning His Son.  1 John 5:9 NASB


--
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of God and their righteousness is of me," says the Lord.  Isaiah 54:17
http://lifeinspiredbygod.blogspot.com/

No comments: