Monday, February 27, 2012

Today's Devotion

Divine Provision

"Then Abraham raised his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him a ram caught in the thicket by his horns; and Abraham went and took the ram and offered him up for a burnt offering in the place of his son."  Genesis 22:13 NASB

I'm not sure if you have read Genesis lately, but this story has been on my mind for many days now.  God has been telling me lately that He has already made provision.  I have been praying on many things, my move, my issues at work, lost relationships, and just where my life is going.  I'll tell you, the enemy should have patted himself on the back for the discord and confusion he spread in my life.  But I digress, because God has already given me a way of escape from all of this; all I have to do is remain in faith and keep trusting God for my manifestation.  Jeremiah 1:5 tells us that God knew us before He formed us in the womb.  He already knew everything that was going to happen to us--He knew the mistakes we would make, the friends we would choose, the relationships we would batter, and how life would go for us.  Psalm 139:16 reminds us that all of our days have been recorded.  So God ALREADY knows!  He already knows.

Our power lies in our remaining in faith until the thing we are waiting for manifests.  In the passage surrounding today's scripture, God told Abraham to take his promised son Isaac to be sacrificed to him.  Oh I pray I had Abraham's obedience!  But I guess I can get it after waiting for the promise to manifest like Abraham did with Isaac.  He took Isaac on the 3-day journey to the region of Moriah as God directed.  The key in these scriptures lies in Abraham being willing to sacrifice his only son--his son of promise--to God BUT holding on to the promise that God would provide.(Gen 22:8)  Some chapters back, God told Abraham his descendants would be like the sands on the beach and the stars in the sky--innumerable (prior to Ishmael).(Gen 15:5)  So he knew God would have to make a provision, He had to provide something.  And likewise for you--if you are believing God for anything, you must stand in faith on the promises of His holy word to come true for you. 

Don't allow the enemy to keep you crippled because of sin in your life.  Repent, turn away from it and go back to the Lord like the Prodigal Son!  Don't allow the naysayers in the crowd to tell you death has come to what you are seeking God for, only believe, like Jesus instructed Jairus in the healing of his daughter. (Mark 5:35)  Keep asking God, pray unceasingly for your breakthrough.  Don't let diagnosis after diagnosis tell you restoration of healing is unattainable, be like the woman with the issue of blood and grasp the hem of His garment!(Mark 5:28)  Trust God and stand in faith on the promises of His word.  God already made provision for you before you were formed in the womb.  Before your mother even knew she would have you, God has already provided for you.  Even when Job lost everything, he stood firm in his faith and God restored EVERYTHING he lost twofold.  Trust God and praise Him in advance to usher in your breakthrough!

Abraham called the name of that place The LORD Will Provide, as it is said to this day, "In the mount of the LORD it will be provided."  Genesis 22:14 NASB

--
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of God and their righteousness is of me," says the Lord.  Isaiah 54:17
http://lifeinspiredbygod.blogspot.com/

No comments: