Thursday, November 29, 2012

Detox

Because we have these promises, dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves
from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work
toward complete holiness because we fear God. 2 Corinthians 7:1 NLT

Wow! God truly has a word for EVERYTHING!

So, I'm four days into my juicing detox fast...and EVERYTHING, I mean
EVERYTHING that I am praying for release from, God has moved. I am an
supporter of fasting because my life is evidence of how faithful God
has been. I decided to take it a step further and make a major life
change and just start afresh, and detox and cleanse my mind, body and
spirit from the ills that have afflicted me so that I can enter this
next phase empty of everything so that I can fill up on God and move
major mountains.

Prior to this scripture, the last part of 2 Corinthians 6 refers to
being unequally yoked. I realize now that some of the things that
have happened to me, both by my choice and out of my control, have
caused me to be yoked to things and attitudes that have hindered my
growth spiritually. The primary purpose of my detox is to break those
habits and mindsets. I have chosen to be released from shame, guilt,
fear, worry, anxiety, doubt, and insecurities to name a few. But it
is the presence of these things--things not of God--that have hindered
me. They had taken up residence in my mind and kept me bound, and
even had me at a point of doubting God for those things I was
believing Him for. They hampered my growth spiritually and my
progression to the next level in my life.

I am sure that most people do not recognize how these things creep in.
For example, I did not realize how the lack of trust my ex-boyfriend
had in others then transferred to me. I doubted any guy I met
(although not totally without reason) and thus the next relationship
after that, I questioned everything about it until I realized what was
going on. I prayed about it and God eventually revealed to me what I
was doing--sabotaging it through my lack of trust. In that case, I
learned we must trust until someone shows us they should not be
trusted, but that is not really relevant here.

We must step outside of our feelings and recognize those things that
keep us yoked and bound to former ways and habits. We must take heed
of those things that prevent us from growing deeper in relationship to
God. These things infect our thinking, dis-ease our hearts, and
impair our vision both in the natural and spirit. They tend to make
us negative and ultimately take root to stop us from becoming more and
more like Christ. Can you take time to detox, and allow Christ to
cleanse you from everything that keeps you from the full embodiment of
His likeness? Break free and be emptied of those things that WILL
impede any success and blind you to God's direction. Be cleansed and
be reunited to the Father!

"Therefore come out from them and be separate, says the Lord. Touch
no unclean thing, and I will receive you. I will be a Father to you,
and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." 2
Corinthians 6:17-18 NIV

No comments: