Monday, December 10, 2012

Tap Into the Potential

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."  Jeremiah 33:3 NIV

If you know me, you know that I am a nerd, lol.  I love to learn and I will always find joy in learning something new.  One of the subjects I absolutely loved was physics.  It was a lot like calculus, making it like math so I loved it.  I love solving problems lol...maybe that's why I have tried to fix everyone else's problems all the time...hey I don't know lol. 

Anyway, I think it was in my initial mechanics class that we discussed the different types of energy, kinetic and potential (now there is a wealth of topics in this area, force, power, thermodynamics...hahaha I won't go on a tangent).  Kinetic energy is moving energy and potential energy is resting or stored energy.  Because energy is neither created nor destroyed, at any given time when the kinetic energy of an object is zero, then its potential energy is mass*gravity I think, lol, and vice versa.

I bring this up because most often in relationships we womenfolk see and look at a man's potential, that sleeping giant and resting energy within him, thinking about what he could become if he acted on his dreams and all that hypothetical stuff lol, instead of looking at the actual kinetic energy--or effort--he is putting out. However, why not tap into the potential energy of God?? Why not look to Him instead of man--and that goes for all of us, man and woman?  God is the only being whose potential energy can be attested to, time and time again.  If you awaken God's potential in your life, it is sure to get things moving and shaken up.  He will transform your life, and set you on a divine acceleration path for breakthroughs beyond your wildest dreams.  You cannot fathom how God will move things around.  Here is my testimony of how I tapped into God's potential this past year and what He has done so far.

I decided last year the day after Christmas to purchase a book on fasting by Jentezen Franklin, and it changed my life.  I had been praying for ways that I could truly go to the next level in my life, and doing a true fast was on that list.  I decided to fast from December 28 until the new year at first, then I decided shortly after that to go for 7 days.  Immediately after beginning to read the book, I decided I would go the full 40 days because I needed to know God's plan and vision for me and life for 2012.  I needed to truly see God move.

At first, my fast included abstaining from fried foods and sweets, two of my favorite things to eat in the world lol.  (Y'all should know how I feel about lemon pepper wings from the Chinese place on Decker Blvd at home...sigh...coming soon, in almost a week yay .)  Anyway, it was hard for me, but fortunately I survived.  As I read the book and prayed more, I started noticing things I had never seen before, and I was able to recognize the movements of the enemy in my life.  One day during my fast, I was at a friend's desk.  She had some fruit snacks...and I love fruit snacks lol.  I thought how much I would like some, and before I knew it, she handed me the bag to open and I took two and ate them without a second thought.  It wasn't until I got back to my own desk that I realized what I did.  I repented and continued my fast. Then 28 days into it, I received what I had been asking God for, a vision for the year.  I CANNOT SCREAM ENOUGH...I knew and had the guidance to deal with everything that has happened in my life this year.  I have slipped up a few places...but hey we are human.  The goal is that we turn away from things completely and we are works in progress.  But I am no different from you, so God can do the same for you.

It is December 10, 15 days into my final fast for the year and my first detox (I have been doing a juicing/Daniel fast detox) and again, God has blown my mind.  My decision to tap into God's potential and to try God on what He would do...I cannot tell you guys how much truth there is to that verse above!  Hidden things...I knew how to deal with the coming attacks.  Fasting has become a lifestyle for me; I think I have fasted almost half of this year and it has changed my life.  God enabled me to anticipate the enemy's attacks and showed me how to handle them.  God enabled me to make the right decisions in business dealings, moving, going to school and He has led me down His appointed path for my life (Psalm 32:8).  I will be beginning another 40 day full Daniel fast on January 1 and I'll be prepping for that beginning December 28.  I challenge you to tap into that potential energy of God; do it wholeheartedly.  Don't be a part-time believer with a part-time faith.  You have to expect to hear from Him.  God isn't a respecter of persons so trust that He can and will do the same for you.  Tapping into that potential energy will get you moving!!  Try God out on this and watch the mountains move, fall and crumble in the face of your prayers!

"I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"  Jeremiah 32:27 NIV



--
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of God and their righteousness is of me," says the Lord.  Isaiah 54:17
http://lifeinspiredbygod.com/

No comments: