Sunday, December 9, 2012

You Can't Expect Full-Time Blessings Having a Part-Time Faith

These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold--though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.
1 Peter 1:7 NLT

I am guilty of a part-time faith.  I have believed God for things in compartments of my life and I have not trusted Him in other areas.  But where did it get me?  I was left at the same place, asking God for the same things, again and again.

We are in a season where we must be all or nothing with God.  We cannot waste time wavering back and forth.  James 1:6 says "But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind." (NLT)  Either you are going to believe all the way, or not.

God recently worked on me with this.  Growing up, I was raised to pay tithes.  It was just something I had to do; when I got some money, I gave God His 10%.  In most churches, it is taught as a fire and brimstone principle.  If you don't tithe, you will be cursed.  Being a believer in Christ, I could not rest easy with this teaching because I believed that as a believer in Christ I was freed from all curses because He became a curse for me and thus took on my sufferings and punishments. (Gal 3:13, 1 Peter 2:24).  I would pay my tithes almost begrudgingly, for fear of repercussions if I did not pay them.  

It was the very first day of my detox, my full day of juicing, that God had this issue settled in my heart.  I was talking to a friend in the ministry about my concerns. Almost instantaneously, his response was the age old response I have heard my entire Christian life.  As he was talking and I found things contrary to his explanation, God spoke to me clear as day: "Marquita, it is an expression of your faith in Me, to trust Me with everything, even your money."  Immediately I stopped arguing with him, and kept saying, everything is faith.  Faith is everything, I have to trust God with everything.  I vowed from that point forward that I would trust God with everything.

Yes, God will continue to bless you, for He rains down blessings on the just and the unjust. (Matthew 5:45)  But if you want to see God really move in your life...honey!  You HAVE to trust God with everything: with your relationships, with your business, with your finances, with your growth, with your family and friends, but with EVERYTHING!!!!  

Stop wavering, stop believing in Him part-time...be all or nothing...and watch God work full-time for you!  Have faith and believe!!

Then Jesus told them, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and don't doubt, you can do things like this and much more. You can even say to this mountain, 'May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,' and it will happen.  Matthew 21:21 NLT

***Join the blog!!  It will email them to you as I post them!  Be blessed...love you!  Changes await and the season is quickening!

No comments: