Saturday, September 5, 2009

Daily Devotion

Be Flexible

Good evening! I hope you're having a great weekend! I am!

I mention flexibility tonite because we need it! Not like a gymnast although we do need to stretch in many ways. We need to be flexible and willing to change when God lays something on our hearts that we don't necessarily want to. We need to flexible when He is disciplining us. We need to be flexible in or dealings with others, and most importantly, ourselves. We need flexibility in our faith. Trust that whatever the situation is, God is bending and pulling you for ultimate growth.

My current flexibility challenge includes a lot of things. Of course moving, work, and how I deal with others. I have to allow God to bend me and stand still while He works on me pertaining to all of these things and so should you. Face the challenge and embrace the change!

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:11-12

So when you face those situations and trials that call for your flexibility, don't be afraid, stubborn or unwilling to face them. They build your character and test your faithfulness to God.

No comments: