Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Daily Devotion

Trusting God When It Hurts
 
The devil just does not stop!  Fortunately I trust in God!  He promises to make our paths straight (Pro 3:5-6).  If anybody knows me, I like to understand EVERYTHING.  I love to learn and gain knowledge, but this crazy journey of life is not always so kind in that process.
 
Most times, we as humans, and especially as Christians, only go to God when we are in tight situations.  We humble ourselves and cry at His feet, we pray and beg for forgiveness and mercy.  Yet it almost seems like we don't trust Him to get us through the situation.  I didn't trust Him while I was in the hospital and nearly lost faith when on my 23rd birthday I began to get sick again.  But in praying for peace I learned to trust Him and Him alone.  Family may fail you, friends may fail you, anybody! But God is always trustworthy!  "It is better to trust and take refuge in the Lord than to put confidence in man." Psalm 118:8  God taught me this lesson many many times.  But He truly engrained it in my mind right before I left work for my surgery.  I still didn't have any donated leave, hadn't really received many donations.  I did not know how I was going to survive.  But in the blink of an eye (well a weekend lol), I went from 0 hours of leave to 316 hours (nearly enough for 8 weeks out) and several donations.  I was already battered and bruised because of the nearness of the surgery itself and that I dreaded going into it, but really because I had prayed and prayed for a miracle.  Trusting Him meant I had to embrace His plan for me because for some reason He wanted me to go through it. 
 
So when you reach that lowest of low point like I did, force yourself to LISTEN to what God is saying.  Hopefully you take heed beforehand and just trust that He will work it all out for you.  He will hear your cry and will answer you!  Love ya and my prayers are with you!
 
Rest in these:
 
Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God; trust also in me.   John 14:1
Many are the woes of the wicked, but the LORD'S unfailing love surrounds the man who trusts in Him.  Psalm 32:10
"I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, and He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; many will see and fear and will trust in the LORD."  Psalm 40:1-3

No comments: