Monday, September 7, 2009

Daily Devotion

Labor for God's Glory

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them. Romans 8:28

Happy Labor Day! I'm looking forward to going home and hopefully there being some barbeque waiting for me. Labor Day officially ends most of summertime fun and other things to me and I enjoy it. I'm in Atlanta right now and I'm sealing the deal with an affordable pedicure versus one from home.

I was going to talk about something else, but it lays heavily on my heart about the labor of enduring troubles. We all go through things and have difficult times in our lives, and sometimes there truly seems to be no way out. But the purpose of these problems are to purify us and bring us closer to the only Great God in Heaven. Troubles always seem to isolate us and get us alone. You can't go to your best friend, your mom, or anyone sometimes. Only calling on God at that lowest point serves to get us some consolation. Problems and troubles will always come. They do not stop because it is Satan's goal to have us! Everyone has suffered since the beginning of creation including Jesus! And when we suffer in His name, it is well! (2 Corinthians 12:9-10)

Nothing rang clearer to this than my random reading of a message on Greek organizations. I cannot speak for all or tell of all things that go on in an organization, but how we are taught to bond together and lean on each other to get through all things that may come is exactly what we must do in our own lives. We must bind ourselves to the truths of God's word, bind ourselves to the promises the Word gives us, and lean on God to give us the strength to get through. I
fight a daily battle trusting God sometimes because I have put trust in people so many times and have been let down. This will continue to happen to you if you don't trust God. But the only truth I need to get through and to learn to trust God is the Word. Everytime someone went through difficult times, God was right there guiding them. So in trusting God, we must wholeheartedly labor to overcome our need to control and sometimes to give up. We must work to get through and trust that this Word He has given us is true and He will do what he says.

Be Blessed today and I'm gonna make a pittstop before I get on the road!

No comments: