Sunday, September 27, 2009

Daily Devotion

Keep a Smile on Your Face

"If you give encouraging guidance, be careful that you don't get bossy; if you're put in charge, don't manipulate; if you're called to give aid to people in distress, keep your eyes open and be quick to respond; if you work with the disadvantaged, don't let yourself get irritated with them or depressed by them. Keep a smile on your face." Romans 12:8(The Message)

I have really been slacking and I apologize. I have let my own personal struggles consume my thoughts and I have also been sowing into another person's life. I have gotten two other books that have helped me lately: a mini book from Bob Gass "Guidance for Today: How to be Led by God" and ..I'll have to get the other title later. (I've already packed my car) I just wanted you to go into the work-week with an encouraging word tonight and that you are covered. I know that times get hard and sometimes we all need a little encouragement. Just do like that scripture says and keep a smile on your face. Smiling back at the devil's attempts to discourage you angers him and propels you forward. Hey your smile may give someone else what they need to go on.... So regardless of how I'm feeling, I always try to smile at everyone. I'll be back on it tomorrow so....Until then be blessed!

"When we suffer for Jesus, it works out for your healing and salvation. If we are treated well, given a helping hand and encouraging word, that also works to your benefit, spurring you on, face forward, unflinching. Your hard times are also our hard times." 2 Corinthians 1:6 (The Message)

Love you!

No comments: