Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Daily Devotion #2

Do You Know Who You are?
 
"If we are his children, we are also God's heirs. If we share in Christ's suffering in order to share his glory, we are heirs together with him."  Romans 8:17
 
Hi everyone!  I'm at a crossroads right now in my life, and I've decided to evaluate myself and who I am, including every relationship, every ideal, and everything I deem important in my life.  I've been really taking hold of some of things God promises us in the Word.  When you are having an identity crisis of sorts, you cannot base your identity on your circumstances.  2 Corinthians 4:18 says "We don't look for things that can be seen but for things that can't be seen. Things that can be seen are only temporary. But things that can't be seen last forever."  God is forever, His Word is forever, and because we are recreated in Him upon accepting Christ as our Lord and Savior, we will live forever in Him.
 
Because of that alone, we must embrace and fully believe in who God says we are.  Galatians 3:29 says "And if you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's descendants, heirs according to promise."  So we are descendants of Abraham--descendants of wealth, favor, love, and prosperity.  Ephesians 3:6 tells us "to be specific, that the Gentiles are fellow heirs and fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel,".  This makes us members of the Body of Christ, the bride of Christ.  The verse above tells us that we are joint heirs with Christ--we will sit on God's right hand, we will live eternally.  Galatians 4:7 explains that we are sons (and daughters) of God. "If we endure, we will also reign with Him" from 2 Timothy 2:12 lets us see that we are a part of the Royal family of God--kings and queens through the Blood.  After reviewing all of this and seeing what God has provided for us, I cannot stay engrossed in the temporary ugliest of my circumstances.  Situations change, and if you have faith, they will get better.  And as a descendant of Abraham, the father of ALL nations, a co-heir with Christ, my Lord and Savior, a daughter of God, a member of the Body, and a QUEEN!!--I cannot stay in a pity party.  the most important relationship we have is with Christ, because He is the One that changed our destinies.  He blessed us with a new life---"This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" (2 Corinthians 5:17)  Through Him we inherit all of this, through the leading of the Holy Spirit we can know what is important and which way to go.  Its like a king having a trusted advisor to guide and direct him in the right decisions.  We now all have that blessing.  And I now know who I am; by knowing this I trust in the things of God, the gifts that He gives, and most importantly I can relish in His love.
 

"Then the King will say to those on His right, 'Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world."  Matthew 25:34
"As a result, God in his kindness has given us his approval and we have become heirs who have the confidence that we have everlasting life."  Titus 3:7

No comments: