Sunday, June 6, 2010

Daily Devotion

Use Your Words for Good
 
"The words of the godly are a life-giving fountain; the words of the wicked conceal violent intentions."  Proverbs 10:11
 
Hi everyone!  I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday afternoon.  I'm better...each day brings more clarity, direction, and guidance as I try to practice "patience" and feel my way through with God's guidance.  I wanted to talk about something that is very near and dear to my heart, and especially important to me because I have been trying to be more mindful of the things I say.  It is very important that you get this into your spirit.  It is essential to your faith walk that you say things to align with the Word of God, and believe them.  It is also important that you watch what you say to someone else. 
 
Have you ever noticed how if someone is being very negative or worse yet, talking badly about someone, just being very hurtful with their words, how it affects you?  I know when my family members begin talking about other people in our family, berating and belittling them, it makes me mad.  And now since I understand the power of words, it especially hurts me because think about the words you sow into someone else, the curses you speak and the blessings you don't, and how you box that person in.  The scripture above says that the words of the godly are a life-giving fountain.  You give life to others by speaking encouraging words, blessings, health, wealth, and prosperity.  You curse them and condemn by wishing ill of them, constantly talking of all the bad things they have done rather than attempting to change it.  God does not condemn us; rather He freed us from condemnation through the blood of Christ.  So what do you think gives you the right to condemn someone?
 
Even with yourself, you can choose to nurture your mind with faith-filled words, words that inspire you and remind you of your position as a child of God or you can choose to believe and feed yourself with the lies you may have told yourself your entire life--the lies of the world, the enemy--the devil--that keep you hovering in the same place year after year.  "The mouth of the righteous man utters wisdom, and his tongue speaks what is just."  Psalm 37:30  Don't let your mouth send you away from God!
 
"And the tongue is a fire, the very world of iniquity; the tongue is set among our members as that which defiles the entire body, and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by hell."  James 3:7

No comments: