Monday, June 28, 2010

Daily Devotion--Sunday June 27

The Un-Payable Debt

"For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.". John 3:16 AMP

Good day beautiful people!  I have been in the spirit of thanking God...something we should do on a daily basis. But I had not felt like thanking God lately; I now recognize the only way the devil could keep me down was with a pity party. Fortunately God gave me an angel to catch me midway through and tell me to start thanking God for everything--because in truth my very existence was a blessing from God. So I have just been thinking of all that God has done for me and in my life today and listening to Shekinah's song "Praise is What I Do" coupled with the sermon for Men's Day today---I felt the need to bring to everyone's attention that we should be thankful because we owe God.

I say we owe God because He did the unthinkable: sacrificing of Himself to repair the channel to connect us back to Him. He allowed human blood to be shed, a human body to be bruised and battered, and a human life to be lost to restore the bridge sin demolished. I think of how we can pay back everyone else by repaying what we had gotten from them.  We can never repay God for what Christ had to experience but we are to try--in living like and aspiring to be more like Christ.

We try by doing what He intended of Adam and Eve. We build a relationship with Him. We commune with Him. We thank Him for every single thing He has ever done. We worship Him, spend time in the Word and await His instruction. How can you ever feel sorry for yourself if you really think of the favor God has shown you?  How can you have a pity party when you really think of God's mercy?  So start thanking Him now to at least show Him that you appreciate His gift.

"And he who believes in (has faith in, clings to, relies on) the Son has (now possesses) eternal life. But whoever disobeys (is unbelieving toward, refuses to trust in, disregards, is not subject to) the Son will never see (experience) life, but [instead] the wrath of God abides on him. [God's displeasure remains on him; His indignation hangs over him continually.]"
John 3:36

No comments: