Thursday, November 11, 2010

Daily Devotion #2

Birth Your Gifts
 
"Let love be your highest goal! But you should also desire the special abilities the Spirit gives--especially the ability to prophesy."  1 Corinthians 14:1
 
God has given each of us as believers special gifts and talents.  I know some of my gifts.  Because of my personal life experiences I can relate to people and give them an encouraging word or advice.  But that was not something that I wanted to do or asked God for.  I asked God to tell me what He wanted me to do and that I would do it, and sure enough, I received the recognition of His gifts and talents within my life...things that He wanted me to use to bring glory to His name. 
 
Sometimes life causes us to experience what is similar to childbirth.  The trials I have had thus far have cause me great pain, with some still hurting.  But in the midst of that, God has allowed me to birth being able to minister to many different people.  You see, we are as different as night and day sometimes, yet just alike.  We all experience trials and tribulations--that's LIFE people.  Life is not always easy. In those situations, God calls us closer to Him.  He wants to use us, if we are willing.  In 1 Corinthians 12:1, Paul calls away from being ignorant about spiritual gifts--because each of us have a purpose in the kingdom.  We are all a part of the body of Christ with a unique purpose and plan that we are to fulfill.  Walk forward in whatever God is calling you to, birth your gifts even if it hurts because it is all for God's glory.  Remember physical difficulty and mental suffering is only a temporary thing when you are in the will of God because we have a greater reward awaiting us!
 
"By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence."  2 Peter 1:3

No comments: