Thursday, November 11, 2010

Daily Devotion #3

In The Quiet

"This is what the Almighty LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: You can be saved by returning to me. You can have rest. You can be strong by being quiet and by trusting me. But you don't want that."  Isaiah 30:15 GWT

I don't know about you, but I go to bed in complete darkness and quiet.  Why you say, I don't really know lol and maybe this has not a single bit of relevancy in the title haha.  But I do know that God calls out to us.  I do know that if we just be quiet sometimes, we can actually hear His voice.  We can hear the plan He has to deliver us and we can bask in His glory.  We can get our breakthrough at those quiet times at night.  God can reveal and make things plain that we would otherwise not see or hear. 
 
In the verse above, God is speaking through Isaiah to the children of Israel.  If only they would have turned from evil and been obedient to God's voice, what they could have avoided!  If they would have been quiet and trusted the same God that delivered them from the hands of Pharaoh, the same God that fed them every night with the bread of heaven and quenched their thirst from a rock.  Sometimes...all it takes is for us to be quiet and reflect on God's greatness and the things He has done in our lives.  If we would only think on the blessings we have!  I admit, I had to do that today because I had been thinking of all the reasons why I shouldn't do something.  But then I remembered who I am in Christ and what God continues to do for me every single day...all of that in a moment of quiet time.  It is in our quiet praise and worship, in the quiet times of reading and meditating on the Word that God can show us the way.  Think about it, can you really hear God with a lot of foolishness going on around you?  Can you really hear His voice?  Or do you even want to?  I had today off, and did not do a single solitary thing other than catch up on my reading and spend time with God today.  And I feel better than I have felt in a long time.  No worries and no cares, all because I got quiet.  So start getting quiet, set aside time first thing in the morning and in the evening to spend with God, read the Word, listen to praise and worship music so that you can get a word from God.  In quietness and confidence is your strength...why, because in quietness you can gain the confidence through a divine revelation from God.
 
"This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength. But you would have none of it."  Isaiah 30:15 NLT

No comments: