Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Daily Devotion #2

Living with Expectancy
 
'and said to Him, "Are You the Expected One, or shall we look for someone else?"'  Matthew 11:3
 
Jesus tells us in John 14:14 "If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it."  I think sometimes we do not ask because we do not believe it will happen.  You think, well, it probably won't happen anyway so why waste my time.  I've learned lately that we have to expect great.  The Jews did not expect Jesus to be the Messiah, which caused them to doubt His miracles and His being the Messiah and so after His death, it was left up to the Apostles to preach the Good News.  One of my new favorite chapters is the 23rd Psalm. Verse 5 says this: You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows.  Do you get the promise at the end of that verse?  Our cup overflows!  Here's another scripture: Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my Temple. If you do," says the LORD of Heaven's Armies, "I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it! Put me to the test!  Malachi 3:10  God promises to open the windows of heaven with blessing upon blessing for you.  Of course with these promises, they are in conjunction to your obedience in the principle, i.e, being holy, repenting (doing a 180 from sin and sinning no more), tithing, etc.  But as a child of God we can expect God to be faithful to His Word even when we find it hard to believe.
 
If you are struggling in some way, lacking in something, it is because you aren't expecting (or maybe you haven't tried God yet, meaning been obedient to His call, because He does call us all for unique and individual tasks as a part of the Body of Christ).  We walk around as Christians complaining about what we don't have but as the scripture says, you don't have because you don't ask! And you don't overflow because you don't expect it. 
 
As my spiritual godmother says, we have to expect God to blow our minds on a daily basis.  At first I did not grasp the brevity of what she was saying, why because I was barely believing or expecting the promises of the Word to come true for me.  But guys we must step out and trust the Lord.  Expect those mountains that you want moved to be gone because we are to believe in the things that are unseen. Turn whatever is the roadblock in your life over to Him and expect it to be moved.  Yes, every person can remind you of the things that you are dealing with, but until you get before God and expect Him to do what He says, wholeheartedly believing in Him for what He has said...you aren't really living.
 
"I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing." Ezekiel 34:26

No comments: