Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Daily Devotion

Enable Your GPS--God's Planning System 
 
""This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: 'Write in a book all the words I have spoken to you."  Jeremiah 30:2

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! I pray that you are blessed today!!! I just got an awesome revelation from Habakkuk 2:2.  I have been teetering back and forth on the way ahead for things in my life and its because I don't know the next step.  God gave me a vision of what He wants from me, but truthfully, out of fear of what's next, I have not made much progress in going forward.  Many of my devotions have been saying, write the vision...write the vision.  But today, out of curiosity, I looked up that scripture and read all of the translations of it.  I also read the related scriptures to it.  It rang out clear in my heart, I haven't written down everything that God has told me to do, nor did I write a plan of action for it.  So how can I truly seek to bring to pass the things He wants for me, with no plan to do so?  How can you do what God wants from you if you don't have the course of action for it?  You can't get somewhere without directions unless you have been there before...and if you haven't memorized the directions you're going to have to keep looking back at them for guidance.
 
The Bible is the inspired Word of God.  God gave every author the vision and they wrote what He said, whether it be from a conversation or from recounted events.  He had the prophets write down their experiences, the dreams and visions He gave them, and the plans that He wanted to take place.  But note the words of Habakkuk 2:2 "Then the LORD answered me and said, "Record the vision And inscribe it on tablets, That the one who reads it may run."  The one who reads it may run--I take that to mean, run forward with the plan, carrying out what God says, doing His will, being obedient, follow the directions!  For example--when I bake a cake, I get all of the ingredients out along with the instructions and prepare myself for that task.  I read the instructions, step by step, being careful not to rush ahead and to do things in the correct order so that once I've finished that task, it is completed correctly.  You cannot do what God is asking of you without His direction.  Taking that opportunity to literally write down the vision God gave you and forging ahead to develop a plan of action will help you--because God will provide you the means and plans to do it! 
 
Proverbs 16:3 says "Commit your works to the LORD And your plans will be established."  I believe that this applies here because if we give everything, including the vision that God gives us to Him, God will see to it that whatever we do is in proper order and works out to our good.  If you are in a position like me, I encourage you to use that ultimate resource and get to work on writing your vision.  I can't tell you enough how GREAT our GOD is!!!!!  He will make it clear to you, for you to understand.
 
"Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, and He will do it."  Psalm 37:5
 
--
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of God and their righteousness is of me," says the Lord.  Isaiah 54:17
http://lifeinspiredbygod.blogspot.com

No comments: