Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Daily Devotion

The Gift of Kindness

"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."  Proverbs 16:24

Hi everybody!  I guess you've realized by now, I take breaks lol.  I get distracted and don't write like I should, and that is something I am working on.  The last few weeks have been great, and nothing but a testament of who God is.  Last devotions I wrote were about how God travailed over my finances to get me what I need.  And sure enough, I learned to leave things at His feet.  I wanted to share with you what it means to be kind to others.  The above scripture speaks of how kind words impact us.  I wish I could have found a brain study...but its a known fact that kind words do us all some good!
 
Well I had been feeling discouraged about writing my devotions and thought to stop them altogether because one of the people closest to me asked me to stop sending them to her.  Now disclaimer, lol, I don't have to send them to you.  You can gladly check the blog at your leisure, and it won't hurt my feelings...reply afterwards!  Then my linesister sent an email that truly made my day.  It was her being her, keeping it 100, and telling me exactly what I needed to hear.  Another friend posted some encouraging words a day or so later to my facebook wall.  And me being the mush ball that I tend to be, I started tearing up because I just really needed that encouragement to keep going.  You know it gets hard when it seems the world is against you--or at least the people that you think should be there for you are against you.  And this scripture perfectly says how those words felt to me.  It helped to heal the hurt I felt from that friend and showed me that even if all are against me, God can always send that one to say or do whatever I need to keep pushing forward.  So keep being kindhearted to others because you never know what your words are saving them from.
 
"Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets."  Matthew 7:12

No comments: