Saturday, January 8, 2011

Daily Devotion

Pressing On Toward the Ultimate Goal

"Then what you had in the past will seem small compared with the great prosperity you'll have in the future."  Job 8:7 GWT

I'm in probably the worst low I've been in since before my surgery right now.  I pray that everyone had a great holiday season, because truthfully, mine was very difficult.  I had to experience life and the one holiday I truly loved to share with my family with my family not being together.  My dad is no longer here and my other brother was not around.  Actually, it could have been much worse with my little brother nearly dying approximately 10 minutes before midnight on Christmas Eve--resulting in my car being totalled.  Christmas was pretty solemn for me because I had to mentally prepare for the implications of the accident: what would happen? Would I get enough money to cover the balance?  And would I be able to find a car in time if it was declared a total loss.  So many things went through my head and I was bewildered.  I honestly asked God why because after two years of losses, I was in a stupor.  And I just prayed and cried.
 
I wrote this title and scripture last week and could not seem to find the words to write.  So wrapped up in my own hurt and frustrations I could not see the value of pressing on--I kept questioning a little.  But tonight as I sat in front of the computer to write, I looked and read the scripture I found above.  Even today, as I received the 2nd denial further adding to my plight, I was discouraged.  But looking above, I see that God is still on the throne.  He used one of my closest friends to illustrate how pressing on today will give us a better end than what we had before.  God provided manna and quail to feed the Israelites in the wilderness.  He protected Joseph in every one of his plights and elevated him to the second highest position in Egypt.  Daniel, Meshach, Shadrach, and Abednego---were all saved and kept in the midst of fires.  Dare I say the story of Job????  The ultimate goal is salvation yes--but it is also remaining faithful in the most disparate of situations.  The ultimate goal is trusting God wholeheartedly, not worrying and resting on the validity of His words.  He said He will provide ALL of your needs!  God is the only God--He can and will do anything!  He restores, He heals, He delivers, and He always provides.  I guess right now I'm holding on to the promise this scripture and Romans 8:28 because ultimately, I want God to see my worth and continue to impart His grace upon my life.  Like everything else that has happened, this too will work out for my good!  So be encouraged if you are facing difficulties right now; God still works miracles and is always up for the challenge!
 
"Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan."  Ephesians 1:11

No comments: