Monday, March 7, 2011

Daily Devotion

The Gift of Confirmation
 
"May God, the source of hope, fill you with joy and peace through your faith in him. Then you will overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13 GWT
 
After I shed a few tears today, I wanted to be sure I shared with you what I was supposed to write last week.  I have caught myself saying things lately and very shortly thereafter getting confirmation from God on the truths in those things, whether it be through someone else, a devotion I read, or through scripture.  God is amazing, and when you look to make changes about yourself or things in your life, God is faithful to provide that needed confirmation.
 
I believe that God gives us confirmation to assure us that we are headed in the right directions.  When you make certain choices and decisions under the guidance of prayer and heavenly consultation, God will reassure you.  I now realize that confirmation comes to help reinforce your trust in His voice (the Holy Spirit) that is leading you.  I have come to several conclusions about things lately, one primarily that I used to talk too much--in the sense of sharing everything with every body.  Its okay to be willing to share my testimony, but I have learned to be guided by God to do that.  Everyone does not and will not use that information in a good way.  Some people will use it as ammunition to judge your walk or tell you what you are qualified to do.  And let me remind you, you do not need anyone to tell you that you can or cannot do something that God has already ordained you to do.  But after realizing that, I just began to take note of things.  And the conversation that I wrote about last week served as confirmation of that fact, as well as a few other situations that had taken place.  God has given me confirmation of many other things, like some people that I had rightly decided to stop associating with and more things.  But it is in listening to His voice and the Holy Spirit within you that you can recognize the confirmation.  If you need confirmation, He will provide it for you.
 
And as the scripture above says, God will fill you with joy and peace through your faith in Him.  Having faith and knowing that a confirmed notion is from God helps you stay the course.  Because trust the devil will be sure to send some thing or person (unknowingly or knowingly) to try and veer you off your course.  Now I do not believe everyone gets confirmation--why, because they aren't listening or being observant to get it.  Go to God with whatever it is that you need clarity or revelation on.  See if He won't give you a word or act to prove it to you.
 
"For the word of the LORD holds true, and we can trust everything he does."  Psalm 33:4 NLT

--
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of God and their righteousness is of me," says the Lord.  Isaiah 54:17
http://lifeinspiredbygod.blogspot.com

No comments: