Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Daily Devotion

You Can Be Resuscitated
 
"You who have shown me many troubles and distresses Will revive me again, And will bring me up again from the depths of the earth."  Psalm 71:20 NASB
 
I do not know personally how it feels to physically die and be revived...but I do know how it feels to want to die, or to feel spiritually dead and to have God restore and revive you through simply a word.  Life is full of situations that will come to defeat you.  Sometimes all it takes it that one crisis to cripple your faith.  Then once you've been crippled, you are less likely to go to God, you are less likely to spend time studying the word.  You stop praying and bam!  You wind up in a depression, planning to kill yourself, or just allowing life to wither you away.
 
In the scripture above, David speaks on how God has allowed him to experience many troubles and distresses.  The most important thing here is that he believes without a doubt that God will revive him, that God will deliver him from his "hell" situation, the lowest point of his life.  If we trust God, we can trust that He will provide us a way of escape from any difficulty (1 Corinthians 10:13).  The word in the KJV is quicken--which means shall make us live again--shows that God will bring us back to life, restore the things that we lost much like He did with Job (Job 42:10-17).  I think the hard thing for most of us to believe and accept is that both good people and evil people both suffer.  God is no respecter of persons, so I do not believe that the wicked are shielded from suffering.  The difficulty we as Christians face is looking past our circumstances and trusting in God undoubtedly to hold true to His Word.  We will experience things and its during those times that we should draw closer to God.  We should cry out to Him for His grace to fall on us.  Don't doubt God...because all it takes is a word from Him.
 
"Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me."  Psalm 138:7 ESV

No comments: