Friday, March 11, 2011

Daily Devotion

Have You Come Full Circle?
 
"He restored the chief cupbearer to his position. So the cupbearer put the cup in Pharaoh's hand."  Genesis 40:21 NASB
 
Today is March 11, 2011.  I think back last year this time...I would have been working a few more hours to get ready to go home to help my mom and spend time with my dad who was declining from liver cancer.  And I'm sorry, I have to cry because things have truly come full circle for me.  11 days later...11 days from today will be a year since God called my daddy home to be with Him, to give him the rest he needed.  I think of the time after that, where I endured pain no person should have to experience, but all in the glory of God to draw me to Him for everything.
 
The scripture above is what happened after Joseph interpreted the chief baker and chief cupbearer's dreams.  The chief baker was hung and the chief cupbearer was restored to his position.  Sometimes after things happen, we are sometimes worse than we were before they happened.  I know I was much worse off after my daddy died.  But if it wasn't for my continual cries to God in prayer, and I know it had to be His own love for me, that God restored me to better than I could have ever imagined.  Like the cupbearer, God restored me to position as His beloved daughter, flaws and all.  He took all that pain and hurt I was holding away and replaced it with His love.  Now, no one can replace my daddy, and nor have I tried to occupy that role with any person, but God has filled that void with such wonderful memories that I cannot ask for anything but that right now. 
 
Maybe today you are going through something difficult.  But know and trust in the very essence of who God is.  Rest in the fact that God is a great and compassionate father, that loves us unconditionally.  Maybe like me you experienced some hurtful loss or something that seems unfair, like unexpected illness.  In Psalm 34:19, the Psalmist says "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD delivers him out of them all."  So everything that you are experiencing, give it to God and see if He doesn't deliver you.  See if He doesn't restore that loss, see if He doesn't heal you...trust God because He is not a man that He should lie to us.  Have faith enough to believe that God will do what He says.  If you are only halfway around that circle, keep pushing because God will restore you if you believe it.  Better days do await us all.
 
"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up."  Psalm 71:20 NIV

--
"No weapon formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of God and their righteousness is of me," says the Lord.  Isaiah 54:17
http://lifeinspiredbygod.blogspot.com

No comments: