Thursday, November 5, 2009

Daily Devotion

Surrounded by Adversity
 
 "Troubles are round us on every side, but we are not shut in; things are hard for us, but we see a way out of them; We are cruelly attacked, but not without hope; we are made low, but we are not without help;"  2 Corinthians 4:8-9
 
Isn't it great how one scripture can have so many applications?  Lol anyway, don't get frustrated with me for beating the same horse, but quite frankly, people of God suffer!  We face all kinds of troubles and stress, pain and strife, problems and troubles, and every other name you have for them.  We lose jobs, houses, mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters, cousins, other relatives, our minds, money, everything!  I don't know about you, but if I really sat down and counted, I'm sure there is something that happens to bother me everyday.  But the difference is, I do not dwell on it; because I know God's reward.  Yes yes yes there are some DAYS, I mean, SOME DAYS, that I would pray and pray and pray that God change it in an instant.  But the power is in the Word, and having mountain-moving faith in His promises.(Luke 17:6) 
 
1 Peter 4:13 says "Rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed."  Really!  This is not something that you can often do alone.  In the midst of all my suffering, I cried out to God many many times.  Finally, I have a peace that I cannot explain.  He promises to deliver us!(2 Timothy 4:18,   I know that God is going to reveal His glory at the end of all of this.  Now I'm not going to ask for more, lol, because who would?  But I will ask that in spite, God give me the strength of Christ to sustain me, His grace and favor to maintain me, and that I stand still in the midst.  In these times you must just trust God to get you through it!
 
"Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps."  1 Peter 2:21

No comments: