Sunday, November 8, 2009

Daily Devotion

Stop Letting Dream Killers stop you
 
"Here comes that dreamer!" they said to each other.  Genesis 37:19
 
Hey y'all...  Today my heart is very heavy and for what I really haven't figured out yet.  I want to say something to my fellow dreamers:  stop letting the ignorance (Yes that is what they suffer from) of dream killers kill your dreams!  Believe in yourself, even when no one else does.  When you don't get the feedback and encouragement that you desire, keep going.  Keep fighting for that dream because once you give up on it, no one can get it back for you but you.
 
The only thing I wanted to do when I was younger is, quite honestly, was sing and dance and be a psychiatrist.  I ALWAYS danced, and I had a karaoke machine and was singing too.  I was also a Little Miss Dr. Phil too, trying to solve all the relationship problems in my family.  Now I don't claim to be the best of either and I am working on pursuing the correct variation of the latter, but when you may not have been encouraged to do that thing why would you pursue it?  All I heard all day long at school was you should be a doctor, you're so smart.  I really didn't know that being a dreamer and following my heart is the way we should go.  God put desires, talents, and gifts within each of us.  God knows His plans for us, and it's our responsibility NOT to allow anyone to change or deter them.(Jeremiah 29:11)  We should not question the things of our hearts, because that is where God resides.(Luke 24:38)  If anything is pure and true, it is what He put in our hearts.  Discouragement comes in some of the most unforeseen places, like from parents, friends, mentors, loved ones, anyone that you may hold close to your heart.  But that's where discernment comes in. "I delight to do Your will, O my God; Your Law is within my heart." Psalm 40:8
 
Now there is a difference between dreams, delusions, and hallucinations.  The good thing is you can pray for clarity on a thing, or even explore the Word for the validity of a dream.  Joseph's brothers sold him into slavery and tried to kill him because of his dreams.(Genesis 37-50)  Some people are intimidated by your dreams and the power that God has placed within them.  People called by God with great purposes will be targeted from every angle to kill the dreams.  They will even try to kill you to stop your dreams from coming to fruition. That is when you need to amp up your pursuit of your dreams and lean on God to guide you.
 
Stop your dream killers and go hard! lol  Be blessed!

No comments: