Thursday, November 26, 2009

Daily Devotion

What is your reason for Thanksgiving?
 
Thank [God] in everything [no matter what the circumstances may be, be thankful and give thanks], for this is the will of God for you [who are] in Christ Jesus [the Revealer and Mediator of that will].  1 Thessalonians 5:18
 
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I know that I am thankful to be alive.  Just last year, I was fighting to salvage my last 12% of kidney function, sleeping nearly 12 hours just to be up and work, and wasting away.  But look at me now and tell me God ain't good!  Of course I have experienced ups and downs, but I must truly say that this has been one of the best years of my life.  I claimed on the last day of 2008 that 2009 would be my year--I have had many things to happen to challenge that declaration.  But I must earnestly say that God has held me down and had my back even when those I always thought would be there have not.  I have had my life nearly taken several times, lost those dear to me, and been under nearly insurmountable amounts of stress.  But I am thankful for God because I have gotten through!  I now know and embrace His calling on my life and plan to do what He tells me.  I now have the undaunting faith that He will always provide!  I pray that you too have experienced that kind of faith and God's faithfulness.  But I ask, what are you thankful for?  What has God done for you that you can thank Him for every single day?  Health, wealth, love?  What ever it is, be sure to give God all the praise and glory all the time.
 
Thus you will be enriched in all things and in every way, so that you can be generous, and [your generosity as it is] administered by us will bring forth thanksgiving to God.
2 Corinthians 9: 11

I give thanks to Him Who has granted me [the needed] strength and made me able [for this], Christ Jesus our Lord, because He has judged and counted me faithful and trustworthy, appointing me to [this stewardship of] the ministry. 1 Timothy 1: 12

No comments: