Sunday, November 15, 2009

Daily Devotion

Moment of Clarity
 
"A person's steps are directed by the LORD, and the LORD delights in his way."  Psalm 37:23 GWT
 
Have you ever felt like you have been in a tornado or hurricane, with thoughts flying all around you?  Confusion abounds and you just don't know what to do?  I've been there, and it is not a pleasant feeling.  It sometimes gets so heavy that it overwhelms me, making me feel alone and with nowhere to turn.  Problems come to make you lose direction sometimes and it is not an easy thing to deal with.  If you get to that place where it appears that nothing is going right, and that there are choices in front of you with no clear answer, the blessing we have is that we can always turn to God.
 
"Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face continually."
"Search for the LORD and his strength. Always seek his presence."
"Let your search be for the Lord and for his strength; let your hearts ever be turned to him."
1 Chronicles 16:11 or Psalm 105:4---exact same verse!
 
Jeremiah 10:23 says that "I know, O LORD, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps."  So we should not rely on our own abilities to solve our problems either.  As soon as I finished my purging crying last week, and really decided I would let God deal with everything, I felt lighter.  I felt like I could think straight and breathe clearer.  Sometimes we spend so much time worrying about things that the answer goes right before our eyes and we miss it altogether.  Trying to sort out a million thoughts or tackle any issue without seeking God first will leave us worse than when we began.  We know that God promises to give us the desires of our hearts, but He also promises to direct our paths and leave us with peace.(Isaiah 26:7, Psalm 25:4, 2 Thess 3:16, John 14:27)  So stop complaining about it, get out of that storm!  Let God direct you and give you peace.  Then in an instant, before  you know it, you will have clarity.
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27 NIV

No comments: