Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Daily Devotion

Wash it ALL away
 
"Turn your burdens over to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will never let the righteous person stumble."  Psalm 55:22
 
Ahh!  I have a work holiday today, and its been raining since last night. But its quiet so I'm very happy!!  Even though the evil woman upstairs always parks in my space, her stinky dogs have fleas which have somehow migrated into my apartment and bite me all up, they stomp and walk hard all day, and with a hurt foot I could really use the parking space back, I'm okay--no complaints, things could be much worse.  I do not know about you, but I cry a lot.  Not always because something bad is going on, but because it helps me release my frustrations.  My tears, much like this rain, helps to wash away my worries and cares.  Being an independent-minded individual, I usually hold everything to myself and have found it very hard to turn my burdens over to God.  But then I realize the only person I am hurting is myself, carrying something I was not made or created to carry. 
 
In Luke 10:41-42, Jesus tells Martha, Lazarus' sister, that she is worried and upset about many things.  Mainly because she was cooking and serving everyone while Mary, her sister, was sitting and listening intently to Jesus.  Had she simply took time to spend with Him, maybe some other idea would have come about so she did not have to do anything.  Sometimes things in life get us so riled up that we worry and fret and stress over them without first considering God.  I suspect that we should first go to Him with any troubles that may arise and then if He tells us to do something about them, do it!  Spend time in His presence to gain the clarity and peace that only He can give.  If you try to do it yourself, you can be led to make bad decisions and mistakes--"Do not fret--it leads only to evil." Psalm 37:8
 
I guess that was why my heart was so heavy; I was too busy being angry and worried about things.  Thanks to one of my bffs yesterday giving me good news and me talking to God I feel much better.(Proverbs 12:25)  Worrying is not a hard thing to do, considering going to the doctor and getting bad reports on things.  But resting in God and bringing it all to Him in prayer has lightened my load, and washed them all away.  So I'm going to enjoy this day at home and get as much rest and "work" done as I can...gonna work on school applications and looking up different programs.  Be blessed and don't get wet if you're out in this mess!
 
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: