Monday, November 30, 2009

Daily Devotion

When Only a Divine Intervention Can

"The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." 1 Samuel 17:37
David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the Lord will hand you over to me, and I'll strike you down and cut off your head. Today I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds of the air and the beasts of the earth, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. 47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord's, and he will give all of you into our hands." 1 Samuel 17:45-47

Thinking back to when I was growing up, I always told myself, "I'm going to college, gonna graduate, and be successful." And of course along comes the king of all haters, you know him, you love to hate him, you can't stand to be around him, the devil. He throws all kinds of doubt-filled words and terrible situations my way to distract me. But I still remember saying, I will finish school. And what did I do—finish school. When most would have given up, I stayed and worked hard. When people would have taken time off to recover, I went to Turkey. When most would have come up with excuses, I cried out to God. Only divine intervention can keep you focused when everything you know has been obliterated. Because as Isaiah 38:17 says, "Surely it was for my benefit that I suffered such anguish." And it was—I'm much stronger and now God is equipping me for His work.

Take my new nephew Josiah(Smile Esha, Mimi, and Ms. Sylvia; I couldn't help it).(I have got nieces and nephews out the ying yang now lol) I tell you he is a trooper! He has been fighting for 9 months to get here and he gets stronger and stronger each day he is here. But I know something that most doctors and atheistic people don't know, that God put His hand on Josiah and Josiah grabbed tight with His little hands. Like my own baby brother--they both inspire me, who fought that same fight, he said in his little mind, "I have too much to do, too many people to meet, and I am coming. So devil leave me alone!" When no one else can do it, God does it. He continues to provide, He continues to win. Like in John 16:33, Jesus says that He has ALREADY overcome the world—so you can guarantee with faith and trusting and yielding that God has already taken care of it. This is not to say that it isn't hard, but you can trust that God still knows how to straighten out situations that seem irreversible.

Put your comfort in this scripture:

"For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows." 2 Corinthians 1:5
"My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life." Psalm 119:50

No comments: