Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Daily Devotion #2

Are YOU Ready to Cash that Check??

The sick man answered Him, “Sir, I have no man to put me into the pool when the water is stirred up, but while I am coming, another steps down before me.” Jesus said to him, “Get up, pick up your pallet and walk.” Immediately the man became well, and picked up his pallet and began to walk. Now it was the Sabbath on that day. John 5:7-9

Okay, when you get a paycheck, you are being paid for your services. You have faith that when you go to the bank to cash that check that you get money for it. To reap the benefits, you have to put in some sort of effort, right? It’s the same with blessings, miracles, and deliverance. You have to work your faith to cash the check of righteousness and bountiful harvest. Just like the man in John 4:50 whose son was dying, when he believed what Jesus told him, he worked his faith. He went the distance because he believed in Jesus’ abilities. And surely enough at the very instant he received Jesus’ word and believed, his son was healed! (John 4:52-53)

Well I’m happy to say that I am cashing a check today. I have been believing God for several things to come to pass in my life. As you know I have not been happy at work, not having consistent work and all. So before I got out of my car this morning, I told God thank you that I would have a good day and that He would open the doors and windows for me to find satisfying work until He decided to move me to my next task. So after my meetings, I went over to my mother at work’s desk and asked her how could I find out about the work of the other departments. I went and looked at the org charts based on the titles of their branches. I emailed over 20 branches my resume and why I wanted to have a rotation. I started getting replies before I had finished emailing them all. After I went to the restroom and before I went by one of the branch heads offices, I just so happened to see one of the names of the people I emailed on the door. I saw the door was open, spoke and introduced myself. I went in and talked with her. Low and behold, she has an ABUNDANCE of projects for me to work on and they are things I studied/researched in school! Talk about expeditious movement on my behalf, all because I believed!! Then after I had talked to a few more people, I get back to my desk, check my personal email, and saw that I have been selected as one of the best candidates for a job in Atlanta! Even if I don’t get the job, I know God is preparing to open that garage door—that’s right that’s the kind of blessings I’m expecting; I don’t know about you! If He doesn’t, I am right here pushing along because He has already given me an inch to see out of. But if I had simply given up and resolved to failure and disappointment, I am certain that I would not have received that blessing and spark of encouragement today. So before you give up on God and forfeit your earnings, is there some way you can exercise and work your faith on your own behalf? Even though its nowhere in the Bible, I do believe that if you help yourself—put some faith work in it—God will definitely help you! I’m definitely smiling today and the devil can’t steal my joy! I’m on alert lol.

“What do you mean, 'If I can'?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.” Mark 9:23

No comments: