Friday, December 18, 2009

Daily Devotion #2

Crying Out
 
"Hear my prayer, O LORD! Listen to my cries for help! Don't ignore my tears. For I am your guest--a traveler passing through, as my ancestors were before me."  Psalm 39:12
 
God hears us when we cry.  Whether we believe it or not, He does.  But do you listen when He answers?  I know I have not always listened.  In fact, I have ignored Him many times and Lord KNOWS I have cried many many times at my disobedience.  Ask yourself, how can you cry out to God for help, but when He answers you and tells you what to do, you do nothing?  Psalm 56:8 says "You have taken account of my wanderings; Put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in Your book?"  So this lets us know that God takes account of our cries, He hears us.  Is the wax cleaned out of your ears that you can actually take heed and be obedient?  Sometimes you must take a step away from all the noise, go to a quiet place--be it physical or in your mind--to actually hear God answer your cries--actually give yourself a chance to listen intently for His reply. (Matthew 6:6)  He tells us that He would answer our prayers--"All things, whatever you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." (Matthew 21:22)  So cry out to God, bring your case before Him again and again, like the widow, and listen for His voice. (Luke 18:2-8)  Clean your ears--all three of them.  Open your heart to receive what He tells you and follow through.  I cry out to Him all the time and I feel so much better because I know that He has not guided me wrong.
 
"O LORD, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for mercy; in your faithfulness and righteousness come to my relief."  Psalm 143:1
 

No comments: