Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Daily Devotion

A Two-Sided X-Ray
 
"Blessed be the LORD your God who delighted in you to set you on the throne of Israel; because the LORD loved Israel forever, therefore He made you king, to do justice and righteousness."  1 Kings 10:9
 
King Solomon is known for asking God for wisdom and discernment over all the things he could have asked for.  More familiar is the story of the two mothers, one whose baby died and stole another woman's baby.  The true mother of the child would rather give her child up than to see any harm come to him.  To discern which mother was genuinely the mother of the child, Solomon had to look at both mother's reactions and recognize the behaviors of the real mother.
 
I'm gonna be brief: sometimes we need to stand in front of that x-ray machine and look deep within ourselves at our own imperfections, at our own shortcomings, before we dwell on those of others.  I'm sure if a two-sided x-ray existed it would greatly revolutionize health care--because you would be able to see what is causing your ailment, be it bitterness, anger, jealousy, or just plain stupidity. Usually you don't know what you are looking at until someone points it out to you--usually in judgment.  But if we all took a little time to examine ourselves, we could save ourselves money, sanity, and heartache. Remember who the ultimate judge is...so don't lie to yourself and look within.  I'm going to bed now so I won't throw my computer for my negligence to save my essay on one of my applications!!
 
Be blessed.

No comments: