Thursday, December 3, 2009

Daily Devotion

The God Complex
 
You told yourself,
       "I will go up to heaven.
    I will put my throne
       above God's stars.
    I will sit on the mountain of the gods,
       on the slopes of the sacred mountain.
 14 I will go up above the tops of the clouds.
       I will be like God Most High."  Isaiah 14:12-14
 
 
The only person you can change is yourself, and even that is not an overnight process. 
 
I searched online for where the fall of Lucifer was mentioned in the Bible--meaning "Morning Star"  and if I remember my root words correctly luc is latin for light.  I wanted to know where we got this notion from of wanting to be in control, wanting to change other people and things to our liking.  But in Genesis 3, when Mankind falls, it is because the seed is planted by the serpent that we should want to be like God, we should want to be in control.  Becausse God is the only one who can change anyone and anything.  That was a powerful epiphany for me because I would like to believe sometimes that if I pray hard enough and long enough, the bad things that people do and say will stop.  I mislead myself into believing that my influence can help them change for the better--and I know I am not alone in feeling this way!  Countless times we wish for people to change and they never do.  We wish for them to magically wake up one day  a different person but that is not going to happen unless they decide to yield to GodThey must decide to stop anything they are doing bad and allow God to make it good.  This God complex has caused a lot of trouble for everyone. 
 
Across history for echelons, there has been a central belief in a primary God, ruler of all things.  A ruler(not the measuring stick lol) controls all that he is in charge of; therefore God being in charge of all things rules over all.  The devil wanted to be like God, so when he was banished and cast down from heaven, he sought to establish control over us here on earth.  Knowing this now, we must not allow him to deceive us into thinking we can control anything or anyone.  We were given the right to choose, so choose to ignore the devil and yield all to God.  Love is the key to it all!
 
For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died;  2 Corinthians 5:14

--
************************************************
God loves you...He blesses you with another day so make the most of it!


Marquita B. Priester

No comments: